Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's funny 'cause it's true

From Thebrushback.com (it's like the Onion for sports):

Reuben Droughns Apologizes To Teammates For Assaulting Wife

CLEVELAND--Running back Reuben Droughns apologized to his Cleveland Browns teammates yesterday for assaulting his wife last month. Droughns promised that it would never happen again and said he was “deeply regretful” about the distraction it caused to the team.
“I just want to say to my teammates and coaches that I’m sorry for assaulting my wife,” said Droughns, who was charged with throwing his wife out the door of their Denver home. “Domestic abuse is a terrible thing because it can cause a lot of distractions for the team. It definitely won’t happen again, no matter how much my wife pisses me off, because I don’t want to get arrested and put the team in the difficult position of having to replace me.”
Droughns has also agreed to appear in a public service announcement in which he educates other football players on the dangers of beating up your wife when you’re the team’s best option at running back.

No comments: